The Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB) have launched a new app that will allow parents to report when their child is going to be absent, through a smartphone.
On top of being able to call the toll free number at 1-844-305-3756, and using the already existing SchoolMessenger Attendance Reporting System, parents can now also download the appropriate version of the app for their smartphone instead:
The app not only allows you to report absences, but “gives busy parents, students, and staff a powerful way to stay engaged with their school or district, and connect to each other.”
– Easy-to-read inbox that captures all SchoolMessenger notifications, and now two-way teacher-parent-student messages (if enabled by school or district)
– Scrollable notification view to review all phone, email, and text content in a single place
– Detailed preference control allows adjusting notification settings
– Push notifications are available for alerts when school or district sends a message
– For notifications, school or district has SchoolMessenger notification service subscription with SchoolMessenger app enabled
– For notifications, valid email address on file with your school or district
– WiFi or data plan for internet access
– Android 4.4 or higher
TVDSB Absence Notes
- If your child is 20 minutes late every day, he/she will have missed 12 days of school instruction by the end of the school year.
- If your child misses two days of school per month, he/she will have missed one month worth of instruction by the end of the school year.
- Students who are absent 15 days of school each year will have lost one year of instruction by the end of grade 12.